Zonta Adelaide Hills Club
Two huge achievements showcase why the Adelaide Hills club is one of the most vibrant, innovative and passionate clubs in our Zonta world.
In 2014 the Birthing Kit Project started in the Adelaide Hills club won FIRST prize for the best District Service project worldwide at the Zonta International Convention in Orlando. Read more – link to our programs page which also then has a link to the BKFA website. Read more.
These are just two of many programs supported by the club.
We are women working together to improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global & local level through service & advocacy.
The Zonta Club of Adelaide Hills has supported local as well as international projects. We also enjoy fellowship amongst members through club activities and fundraising events.
- Movie afternoons
- Fashion Shows
- Entertainment Book sales
- Wine sales
- Quiz nights
- Champagne breakfasts
- Special event dinners
- Sausage sizzles
- 10 to 100
The Objects of Zonta International to which we subscribe are:
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global & local level through service & advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill, & peace through a world fellowship of members.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights & fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support & fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
Zonta International, its districts, and its clubs shall be nonpartisan and nonsectarian.
Benefits of Membership
Membership is open to anyone who wants to help to improve the lives of women and girls and to celebrate their achievements.
Zonta offers you the opportunity to:
- Belong to a vibrant service organisation committed to advancing the status of women worldwide
- Develop personal skills and undertake leadership positions in a supportive environment
- Cultivate friendships and network with a diverse group of professionals at home and abroad
- Give back to your community in a constructive, rewarding and enjoyable way
Members are expected to actively support their club through attendance at meetings, participation in fundraising events and involvement on committees amongst other things. Members often enjoy speakers of interest at dinner meetings as well as the conducting of monthly club business.
Although membership in Zonta is by invitation, if you are interested in becoming involved in Zonta and its projects please complete the contacts section below. One of our members will contact you to answer any questions you might have and to invite you to attend a meeting to see what we are about, and should you wish, after attending 3 meetings, invite you to apply for membership.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If this sounds like something you would like to be involved in please complete the form with your details and one of our members will contact you to answer any questions you might have. You will then be invited to attend 3 meetings and if the club meets your interest, an application for membership will be offered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm for 7 pm at the Belair Hotel, 141 Main Rd, Blackwood
October Dinner meeting
Wednesday October 23rd 6.30 for 7.00 pm
Guest Speakers: Sherry Proferes and Susie Clark
Topic: Singing Our Way through China
Venue: Atelier Cafe
1 Cox Place Crafers
November Dinner meeting
Wednesday Nov 27th 6.30 for 7.00 pm
Christmas Celebration meeting
Guest Speaker: Libby Kosmala
Topic: Paralympian Athlete
Venue: Artisan Cafe
252 Main Road Blackwood
December Dinner Meeting
No meeting in December
20th Anniversary of 1st Birthing Kit with some of original members of the committee
A TBA who distributes birthing kits with a Zonta microcredit project in the background
2014 First place award ZI District Service Project